Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One: Eye of the Beholder



Top, Skirt, Belt: J. Crew
Tights, Kohls (Simply Vera Wang, in Natural- Love these tights)
Shoes, Shoe Station

Day 1.  Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but my first thought this morning was, oooh first 30x30 day and I am so excited to wear my new skirt!  I had been coveting this J. Crew cord pencil skirt for months and months, and finally caved when they had the 40% off sale and free shipping with $100 a couple weeks ago.  It fits perfectly and I love it!  I wanted to wear it the day I got it in the mail but I saved it for the remix, since I (and maybe you too) will probably sick of it in 30 days!  Moving on to the top... how do you all feel about the color of this shirt?  According to J. Crew it is "bronzed twig."  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  Some days it reminds me of the good old days of babysitting and changing diapers (gross, I know, but truthful) and some days I love it for its uniqueness.  But, this is all about personal style, so I wear it when I want and don't worry if people are grossed out by it!  haha.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all! 

-CC

8 comments:

  1. First 30 for 30! And I love the color of the shirt. Mustard has been on my shopping list all winter. I just have no success.

    -Elizabeth
    http://growingupscottish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the outfit! i'm kind of regretting not adding a pencil skirt to my 30 for 30 items...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt..I have a similar one from JCrew and it is one of my faves. Of course I didn't put it in my 30...wish I would have now!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved this color combo. Your shoes are so cute! I love your 30 for 30 selections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the skirt! It's a beautiful shape and fits you perfect. I can't wait to see more of your remixes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit, great color combo and nice lines! Have fun with the 30X30! I'm in the 30 too,and I have a link up every Wednesday for anyone who wears jewelry with an outfit,hope to see you there sometime!
    jewelscapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colors of this outfit, especially how your shoes are nearly the same shade as your shirt but not quite. I'm skipping this 30 for 30, but planning to get on board for the next one when the weather here isn't quite so all over the place. I'm watching other blogs to try to get the hang of it for next time!

    www.academiasartorial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. the skirt fits you like a glove! and the shirt's color is not bad at all...it's a great fall color...even transitions into spring with some florals! love the super skinny belt.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!