Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Eight: It's Blazin' Cold Out Here!


(Blazer: Thrifted, Shirt: J. Crew, Trouser Jeans: Loft, Scarf: Gift, Shoes: Steve Madden)

Happy Blazer Day!  I have to admit, I purposely added a blazer to my Remix items when I saw that there would be a day for Blazers in February.  I am really excited to see everyone's pictures today because I have a hard time feeling cool in a blazer.  But so many of you great style bloggers make them look chic and effortless! 

I should also admit that I am a wimp when it comes to the cold, I hate it!  I know, "cold" is relative, but Florida weather is always jerking us around; one day it's 70 and sunny, the next it's windy and 40! But this morning it was that creepy COLD, very windy and dreary.  The point of this is that today is blazer day, my blazer is corduroy (luckily) and it is keeping me very cozy. 

Help me out- how do you guys pick out a good blazer?  I thrifted this one (my first) because I couldn't commit to a more expensive one since I don't think I know how to wear them!


Thanks for visiting my new little blog! 

13 comments:

  1. I like the blazer! And I would say that if you don't have to wear a blazer in a formal setting then thrifting is a great way to go. However, if you just want a nice new blazer some things I look at are the sleeve length, fit at shoulders, and lining. I wish I would have bought a blazer with a brighter lining. It makes it so much more fun.
    -Elizabeth
    http://growingupscottish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOsh i wish i'd remember to add a blazer to my 30 too! good thinking!! This is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scarf is fantastic! I'm really liking all your outfits so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to add a blazer just for that purpose, too. I never would have put one in without it!
    YOU should have included it either way. It looks wonderful on you!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i included a blazer in my 30 for 30, hell i wish i owned a blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pop of color that scarf adds to your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great classic outfit with the stripes and blazer! As for finding the right kind of blazer, maybe try out one made of sweatshirt material. I have a striped one from H&M that I love...it was a great way for me to test out the whole blazer thing and feels a lot less "corporate" and formal. Plus, they're comfortable too!

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by Best Foot Forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your blazer kept you comfy! I wore a blazer today too! I've tried it over dresses and jeans and I'm trying out new things all the time. Mostly because I love blazers and this is the first one I have ever owned!
    Cardigans and Cookie Dough

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a pretty scarf! i love that color of red, and it seems made to be paired with a blazer. you made great styling choices here, i think!
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello fellow remixer:) I found your blog through the remix list..definitely a new follower!! Love your style...and love red and stripes too...great outfit...lookin good:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Silver Lining Décor Jewelry Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness your doggy is adorable! American Eskimo? As for the blazer, it loos fab on you. I love wearing blazers and giving them more of a relaxed chic twist. Looks great with the stripes + ballet slippers. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! We did style our blazers similarly! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!