Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Two: Ouch!


(Dress: Belk, Cardi: J. Crew, Tights and Boots: Kohls, Belt: F21
I really love shopping!  But I didn't expect the no-shopping ban to be too painful for a short 30 days, or at least not this quickly.  I shop more than I buy anyway. 

But today Anthro put out new sale items and of course the top item on my wishlist that I've realllllly been wishing to be go on sale, the Field Skirt, was marked down to $40.  If I was not on shopping ban I would have ordered it immediately. 

Instead I am learning my first remix lesson.  "Wow, I really want that skirt!  But look how many awesome clothes I already own and how many awesome ways I can wear them!" 
PS.  Awww look how happy Bella looks in the second picture!  haha.

PPS. I felt like Peter Pan/Lost Boys in this outfit... pretty sure that is not a good thing... 

11 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way!! I even caught myself casually browsing sales online and figured it would be less torturous if I avoided it for now.
    And Bella DOES look so happy in your photos! I love that she wants to be in them, or more likely, just near you at all times.
    Don't worry, I have a Peter Pan outfit apparently. My boyfriend mentioned it. Not the costume, but my wardrobe's version. Maybe it's more common than we think?!

    Finding Fashionista Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this dog? My two cats always try to be on my photos too, that's so funny!

    I think you got this Peter Pan vibe from your outfit due to the green and brown...BUT you look great! So, don't worry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that sweater. It's such a pretty color. Also I think it didn't work before because I had some how looped my blog post feed back to the old URL. So, maybe I'll have success now?

    -Elizabeth
    http://pearlgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your dog makes me laugh each post, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your outfit is very cute, and your pup even CUTER! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same today--and it's only day 2 of the challenge! That's why I'm not going to tempt myself by even heading anywhere there are clothes. I love your colors today, plus your dog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i tried the shopping ban thing, didnt work out for me. i dont have enough self control. haha! great remixing =) wanna follow each other?
    http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for you for resisting shopping! It was definitely hard my first time doing the remix. What helps for me now is to browse sites and when I see stuff I want, I add it to my cart, but never actually check out.
    And I LOVE your outfit, totally did not think it looks like peter pan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you belted this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! and adorable puppy...I have a soft spot for big fuzzy doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clearly Antro is evil and doing its best to test your wills. Keep up the good work, I don't know if I would have been able to resist.

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!