Monday, February 21, 2011

Twentyone: Breaking all the rules



(Dress: Loft, Sweater: J. Crew, Tights: Hue, Boots: Kohls)

This outfit is a perfect example of what I would never have worn before following fashion blogs, before starting my own blog, and especially before the 30x30!  I've got all kinds of rule-breakage going on, the whole black and brown together, and my own rule of kinda odd colors worn together (purple and orange).  I'm still easing into the colored tights world, but I really like the pop they give to an outfit. 

And since I'm breaking rules, and it's Monday, I joined in on Elaine's from Clothed Much Rule Breaking Monday! 

Hope you all have a great Monday to start off a great week, and if you have today off, enjoy and I'm jealous! 

5 comments:

  1. Let me tell you I'm glad you broke the "rules"! Hah! What I discovered with blogging is that there are no rules in fashion. And that's the great and challenging thing about it! You did a great job with this outfit, bold and beautiful (well not the soap-opera, lol) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is super cute. Great proportions and such a fun, quirky color combo!
    No question... you've got style.

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean! I have just recently started wearing black and brown together, and once you tried it, didn't you just love it? Too bad we never did it before--you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this beauty of a cardigan from the J.Crew sale! I wanted one but they were all out of my size. You look great in it. I think Tanya of "What Would A Nerd Wear" has the same one.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!