Friday, February 11, 2011

Eleven: Fun Stuff!

(Shirt and Cardigan: J. Crew, Pants: Banana Republic, Shoes: Shoe Station, Necklace and Belt: Marshalls)

Hi everyone!  Bella and I were feeling particularly happy this morning because, well, just because it is Friday!!!  High Fives!  


I decided I would participate in the Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF) from ModlyChic (which somehow always becomes Moldy Chic in my head)!  I enjoy reading others' answers every week and I liked this week's topic a lot, so here goes nothing:



1. What color dominates your closet?
Jeans!  Ok, that's not a color, but seriously, one thing I really hope this blog can help me do is to not wear jeans every single day.  I think I am doing much better now than pre-blog.  Otherwise, I like green a lot, and pink, and blue... I'm not really sure I have one dominating color because I really try to buy items, especially tops, in lots of different colors.  (PS. During football season: garnet and gold!)

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?
More colored shoes and skinny belts!  I have realized in my 30x30 that colored belts would be so nice to have to add color.  And I don't have any colored shoes, so I plan to work on those two things after the shopping ban is up.  (Like today's outfit... I so wish I had a purple or pink or coral skinny belt!) 

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?
I'm not sure I have any conscious mantras when it comes to getting dressed... but now that I think about it I  rarely go crazy with color-mixing, so my subconscious probably vetoes any mixtures of more than two colors. 

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?
I have gotten really into scarves lately.  They feel so cozy and can really add a pop of color to spice it up!

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe?
There are so many amazing bloggers out there who wear color SO well.  A couple of my favorites are Tania, at What Would a Nerd Wear, who I think does the "pop" of color like a pro, and Kelsey at Snappy Casual who always looks great in outfits incorporating lots of color.   

That's all for today!  I hope you all have awesome weekends!

 

5 comments:

  1. I love your top and your dog is so cute :)

    http://girlintheridingboots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of brown and black. And that you include your dog in your pics like me! :) She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brown black mixing! So pretty and I'm just not brave enough to try it! And I love the puppy. She is so cute!

    -Elizabeth
    http://growingupscottish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. my blog has totally helped me to not wear the same things every single day. i'm loving it (and i'm pretty sure my husband is, too!) i love black/brown combos, you look really good. and i love scarves too! we just have so much in common haha. nice to stumble on your blog! :)

    www.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this outfit! I want your shoes:)

    xx
    Tamuna

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!