Monday, February 14, 2011

Fourteen: Happy Valentine's Day!


(Shirt: J. Crew, Boots: Kohls, Jeans: Loft, Scarf: Belk?)

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!  I am not a huge celebrator of this holiday, but I love any excuse to try something new and fancy in the kitchen.  So tonight I'm going to attempt to make ravioli from scratch.   We have a little garden in our backyard and we just "harvested" broccoli so we're steaming that as a side.  I made our dessert last night, since I expect the raviolis will take some time (or at least some concentration) tonight. 


I seriously wish I could send you each one of these strawberry-chocolate cupcakes in the mail... they are SO good.

Hope you ALL have a wonderful day! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, how CRUEL! That cupcake looks amazing. That icing! OMG.

    Love this outfit and the pop of red from the scarf! Can't wait to see how your ravioli turns out. I made some once using those little wonton wrappers, so it wasn't "real" pasta...it was still good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look DELISH. did you use real strawberries in the frosting? you are quite the baker, these cupcakes those beautiful cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cupcake looks declicious! Have fun making ravioli...my sister's done that before and it comes out pretty good.

    http://girlintheridingboots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I like the pattern of the scarf with the striped shirt.

    www.academiasartorial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, that cupcake looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outfit and cupcakes are lovely!!!!! :)
    Great pattern combo!

    I hope you had a marvelous V-Day

    http://styleidoscope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should post the recipe! That way I can make them and gorge myself on the chocolaty goodness! How did the ravioli turn out? I've really wanted to try to make it, but it seems really labor intensive.

    -Elizabeth
    http://growingupscottish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!