Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pink (Breton) Stripes

 

striped shirt, Old Navy
cords, Macys
boots, Kohls
sweater, J. Crew
scarf, Jessica Simpson
cute dog, Bella- she is a big camera hog!

I had originally planned this outfit for today after seeing Ashley wearing it a couple weeks ago!  I love the pink stripes but I think it starts to look too young if the pink isn't toned down by darker, more adult colors.  Then upon opening my google reader I saw today was Breton Stripe Day!  What a great coincidence!  I am not sure if pink stripes count as Breton, but you can go here to see lots more!  This website is such a brilliant idea, so many style ideas on one page, organized by style trend... I love it.   I also love Linley's outfit from Dwelling and Telling with the stripes folded over the end of the cardi sleeves.  I'll be keeping that in mind.

Thanks for stopping by and reading!  I just started this blog but I am really excited and looking forward it posting!

8 comments:

  1. love your look! especially the red breton! and thanks for the shout out - so sweet of you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for the link love, and thanks for the comment! I love how you mixed the bright pink with olive - you gave ME a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the 30 for 30! I'm doing it myself, also a first timer. Hope we will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those stripes! i've been craving a red and white striped shirt--all my stripes are blue and gray and black. your pink and white is so pretty and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your look! the pink and white stripes are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally get what you are saying about looking too young with pink. I like how you paired with the sweater. It changes the whole look
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the pink stripes--and you're right about "toning it down" or whatever. but this shirt is totally unique, and i love it. as do i also love (wow, that was awkward to type) your green cardigan & the buttons on it. seriously, great look.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shirt with the black scarf! Saving this pictures to my inspiration folder, there's no pink stripes in my 30 for 30-items but there's a lot of stripes. Love stripes.

    http://www.saraooo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!