Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Couple Confessions


Sweater, J. Crew
Skirt, Banana Republic
Tights, Kohls
Boots, Steve Madden

Confession 1.  I think this is the first time I've ever worn boots with a pencil skirt.  After wearing it today, I think I like it.  I'm trying to branch out pre-remix time so that when I need to stretch my 30 items I will have a little practice!  So this outfit is like warming up for the 30x30.  As Tania said today, I am slowly picking out what to include in my 30 items (and trying to avoid them).

Confession 2.  I have bought a couple (ok more than a couple) of new items in the last couple weeks that I want to use for the remix.  I am afraid that sort of misses the point of the whole shopping from your closet and using what you have idea, but in my defense the items I bought were on my "need" list and I truly love them, and I think they'll be great for remixing!  (Funny how that "need" list never seems to get cleared out.)   

Thanks for visiting!  Any advice for picking my 30 items?

7 comments:

  1. The best advice I can give is...

    1) Don't include too many pairs of shoes. That was one of my biggest mistakes the first time was that I had like, 7 pairs of shoes and not enough bottoms. You can survive on 4-5 pairs of shoes.

    2) Same goes for dresses. You only really need 1-3.

    3) And last but not least, be realistic with your choices. If your more of a skirt person, include more skirts and less pants and vice-versa.

    Hope this helps! :) I can't wait to see your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Kendi's 30 for 30 Remix Book is really helpful as well. I didn't use it the first time, but I decided to buy it for upcoming Winter 30 for 30. It was really helpful, actually! Plus, it's only like, $4.

    http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com/2010/11/30-for-30-remix-guide.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw your comment on Kendi's blog and am a fellow new fashion blogger and 30 for 30 participant. I'd love to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have definitely been buying for the remix. It is mostly accessories but yeah I feel like I'm cheating a little! I can't wait to see what you have for the remix! I love the boots by the way. I need to get some nice boots. Lets have fun with this remix!

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the combo of boots and pencil skirt! i am doing the same thing trying to avoid certain items i have chosen for my 30 for 30...and i too have bought some "needed" items for the remix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no worries, I bought a few items too! but like you said, they were 'needed'- a black crewneck sweater, black boots, zip up hoodie - plus I had some coupons/gift cards that expired in Feb., so I had to use them now!

    but I also have a few items in my 30 that I bought a while ago and have never worn or only worn once or twice... I'm hoping that doing this encourages me to get some real wear out of my clothes and not just go buy new ones all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope your 30 for 30 goes well. i'm on the fence about participating. i can't decide! everyone says the experience is worth it, but i'm nervous about remixing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Thanks for stopping by!